Raja Sivamani, MD MS AP
I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area and a board certified Dermatologist. My expertise centers on general dermatology including medical, surgical, and cosmetic services. With training in bioengineering, Allopathic and Ayurvedic medicine, I merge modern research and science with a personalized approach to each patient. My training in Ayurvedic medicine lets me bring in a more humanistic approach to my patient care, science, and research.
I serve as the senior medical editor for LearnSkin, a skin educational website that delivers high-quality educational content on dermatology and integrative medicine.
Dr. Sivamani focuses on general dermatology that includes all aspects of skin care. He takes an integrative and holistic approach that is patient-focused and merges modern science and western medicine with nutrition, herbal medicine, and lifestyle centered practices. Some of the areas of treatment include:
- Acne and Rosacea
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
- Autoimmune conditions like lupus & bullous pemphigoid
- Infections (Bacterial, fungal, & viral)
- Drug & allergic skin reactions
Degrees and Education
- M.D., UC Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento CA
- Ayurvedic Degree, California College of Ayurveda
- University of California, Davis
- American Board of Dermatology
Dr. Sivamani focuses on integrative research that spans both clinical and medical dermatology. He has close to 100 peer-reviewed publications. He is interested in research that spans both Western dermatology as well as alternative medicine.
- Common skin conditions such as acne, atopic dermatitis, rosacea, psoriasis
- Pilot, phase 1, phase 2, and phase 3 studies
- Gut and skin microbiome
- Gut-skin axis and gut health
- Herbal medicine
- Cosmeceuticals and botanicals
- Ayurvedic approaches to dermatology